Emergency services were called to a house in Rothwell after it had its windows blown out during a gas explosion.
A spokesman for the National Grid said the service was called out after a medical gas canister exploded, knocking out the house’s front and rears windows.
The only occupier of the house, a 99-year-old woman, was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The property is located in Harrington Road.
Other emergency services, including the police and fire brigade, attended the incident.
Nobody else was hurt in the incident.