David Ross murder: Three released on bail after raid arrests

Officers carry out raids early today as part of their hunt for the killer of nightclub boss David 'Les' Ross

Officers carry out raids early today as part of their hunt for the killer of nightclub boss David 'Les' Ross

8
Have your say

Three of the Corby men arrested on Wednesday, July 3, on suspicion of conspiracy to murder businessman David ‘Les’ Ross have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

A 35-year-old man from Studfall Avenue, a 30-year-old from Chelveston Drive and a 26-year-old from Rockingham Road have been bailed until September.

The other three men arrested remain in custody at the Criminal Justice Centre in Northampton.

A superintendent’s extension has been granted to enable officers to hold them for another 12 hours.

They are a 22-year-old man of no fixed address, a 21-year-old man from Leighton Road, Corby, and a 20-year-old man from Lynton Grove in the town.

As a result of the warrant carried out in Lynton Grove, officers recovered a safe which contained bags of cannabis.

Two other men, aged 32 and 22 and both from Corby, were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

Police raided the addresses at 7am yesterday as part of an operation involving 50 officers from Northamptonshire Police, Leicestershire Police and the East Midlands Special Operations Unit.

Det Chief Insp Martin Kinchin, who is leading the murder investigation, said: “We believe the people we arrested have vital information around the circumstances that led to the murder of Mr Ross.”

The 39-year-old was found dead at the Village Inn Express hotel in Corby Old Village on the morning of Monday, December 17.

His Corby home had been burgled three days previously.

Det Chief Insp Kinchin said: “We now know that the burglary on Friday, December 14, was not an opportunist crime but a planned crime targeting Mr Ross.

“He moved into the hotel but was keeping his whereabouts very quiet.

“However, somebody who knew of his location has likely provided the information to Mr Ross’s enemies.

“We know there are still people with key information for our inquiry and continue to encourage people to contact us directly or, on an anonymous basis, through Crimestoppers.”

A 40-year-old Corby man, arrested on suspicion of the murder of Mr Ross, remains on police bail pending further inquiries.

Crimestoppers has offered a £10,000 cash reward for information leading to the prosecution and conviction of the person responsible for the murder of Mr Ross.