Child starts accidental fire at Corby home

editorial image

A child playing with a cigarette lighter started a fire at a home in Corby which damaged a living room.

Two fire crews from the town’s station were called to the home in Holkham Close at about 10.17am this morning (Sunday, December 30).

They used buckets of water to damp down a fire which had damaged curtains, a radiator and a three-piece suite.

A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said eight people had evacuated the property and no-one was hurt.