A teenage victim of an attempted murder will be forced to leave her council home after failing to convince top judges it would violate her human rights to evict her.
Nicholle Scott, 19, was strangled at knifepoint in woodland off Gretton Brook Road in July 2010.
Her attacker, Stephen Allanson, 31, of Stephenson Way, Corby, was jailed indefinitely last March.
But in a landmark case, three Appeal Court judges yesterday ruled that the horrific attack she suffered was “simply irrelevant” to whether she should keep her home after a history of falling behind on rent owed to Corby Council.
Miss Scott has been given until April 10 to move out of her flat in Ripley Walk, Corby.
She was not at home when the Evening Telegraph called.
Miss Scott was taken to court by the council in December 2010 over mounting rent arrears and complaints of anti-social behaviour.
When the case came to court in July last year, Judge Alison Hampton ruled that there were exceptional reasons why she should keep her home.
But the nation’s top civil judge Lord Neuberger yesterday said: “In my view, the facts get nowhere near justifying the contention that it would be disproportionate for the council to obtain possession.”
He added Miss Scott’s attempts to stave off eviction were “hopeless as a matter of law”.
Corby Council’s legal services manager Nigel Channer said: “We welcome today’s decision but will be taking no immediate action and will allow our tenant to discuss the decision with her legal advisors.”